The 2008-09 school year promises to be one of our best years for distance learning activities in Saginaw County. In addition to the usual programming that we’ve been doing for years, we plan on adding some new and exciting events for Kindergarten – 6th grades.
New this year will be a 3rd grade pen pal project, a 4th grade spelling bee, and a 5th/6th grade Math Maniacs event. We have piloted some of these projects and teacher response has been very favorable to the programs.
Some of our regular scheduled programs for 2008-2009 include:
- K-2nd Grade – Letters to Santa ( A connection with Santa Claus) – December ’08
- 4th Grade Spelling Bee May 4th – 8th 2009
- 4th Grade Michigan Week Activity – May 2009
- 5th Grade Who am I? November 10th – 14th and 17th – 21st 2008
- 6th Grade Mystery Quest February 2nd – 6th and 9th – 13th 2009
- 4th / 5th / 6th Grade – Connections with Jean Paul LaFranc – A French Voyageur
- K-6 Grades – Meet Abraham Lincoln, this connection is a commemorative exercise that meets the Annual School Recognition Programs February 12 date
- K-6 Grades – ASK (Authors, Specialists, Knowledge) Students meet authors as they discuss their books and the writing process
- K-6 Grades – Saginet Collaboration – connect with other teachers all over the United States and beyond for activity tied to GLCE’s
- K-6 Grades – Read Around the Planet (RAP) Connect with other classes all around the world in a celebration of March is Reading Month
- K-6 Grades – Numerous Virtual Field Trips to content providers from all over the United States including Maryland’s Estuary Programs, NASA from Houston Texas, Farm Learning Center, MSU Museum, Learnco Ohio, Ann Arbor Hands On Museum, Mote Marine in Florida, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, International Wolf Center in Minnesota, Lake County in Indiana, Indianapolis and Columbus Zoos, Cleveland Metroparks and many, many more….
We were very happy that hundreds of teachers connected for more than 400 virtual field trips and instructional events last year. We think that our new offerings in addition to the regularly scheduled content will make the 2008 -2009 school year one where all teachers can take advantage of Saginet to supplement and enhance their curriculum with quality content that aligns with Michigan GLCE’s.
For more information on all of these programs and more, go to www.saginet.org or call 399.7464.
For a Saginet Training, call 399.7464 or email Holli Penny at firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about how distance learning works in your school, call 399.7464 or email email@example.com